BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

May 20, 2009

Shadow

My parents split when I was younger and for a while I didn't really know the whole story of what happened between them. I was always scared to ask because I thought I was probably better off not knowing; and a few years ago I found out everything when my mother felt like it was time for me to know. It was a tough time between my mom, my dad, and I. Their history wasn't the greatest, but you can't change history, you just have to live with it and adapt. I remember being really mad all the time, even towards my step parents who remarried my mom and dad. How ever, my step father has been great and a loving dad who supports me anyways. I guess i didn't really know who to be upset at, and I couldn't help the fact that my outlook on both my parents was unforgiving. Through the experience, I learned a lot, and things have gotten a whole lot better since. The communication level between my Mom and I has gone up, even though her and my Dad still don't talk. We also get along better, allowing us to be happier. My Dad that was once very distant, is now very close and we share that strong "Father Son relationship." We even went on a canoe trip along the Brazos River last summer and camped out over night. Within those moments, I actually started to understand, and accept who he was. I also realized that no matter how hard we try to forget about our fears; our shadows will always be there reminding us of our past; but the worst fear would be the fear of not moving forward. So instead of forgetting about our past, we should just accept it and try to make sure our future history will be brighter.

0 comments: